Sunday, March 16, 2008

apologies to fiji water

...

so I'm somebody that has literally "sharpied" out fiji poster ads on the nyc subway... why are we shipping something as available as water from one place to another when our present activity is having such an impact on Earth's life???

but I'm learning that I'm pretty naive and things can be more complicated. What if fiji water was a carbon negative company, meaning that despite the shipping of water they do, they offset this impact using the carbon credit system?

And what if their carbon negative equation didn't include the fact that in the process of what they do, they are protecting thousands of acres of rainforest from re-forestation?

I'm still mulling this through my mind.

Did anyone look up the pacific trash heap? We must not turn our oceans into toilets. some of you must like to eat fish -- lets figure this out!

No comments: